Self-discipline. Decisiveness. Leadership. Perseverance. Teamwork. Those same qualities revered in brave armed forces veterans like you, make you an ideal franchise owner.
A rewarding franchisee career is one that roughly 1 in 7 American veterans have today. In fact, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) offers many funding programs and support opportunities exclusively for veterans. How does your military experience prepare you to be a strong franchisee? Here’s how the qualities above make you more prepared than the average civilian:
- Self-discipline. Few people can stomach the rigors of basic training, let alone an entire career as a soldier. The discipline and hard work ethic you fostered in the armed forces are critical to running a prosperous franchise. You’re also able to quickly understand and follow a proven process—skills that also require discipline and translate into running a successful franchise.
- Decisiveness. Your military experience has taught you to think well on your feet and trust your instincts. This type of decision-making serves you well as a franchisee. Decisiveness means you’re nimble enough to keep your customers happy and your business running successfully.
- Leadership. The military is by far the best organization for building leaders. You understand the dynamics of leadership and teamwork that’s necessary to make an operation successful. That same level of responsibility you were taught in the military will help you launch a franchise business that triumphs well into the future.
- Perseverance. The reason why many owners fail is their inability to overcome the early challenges of building a successful franchise. Any veteran knows how to embrace obstacles. Your training has prepared you mentally to deal with the hurdles of starting a new franchise venture, and has given you a never-give-up approach to reaching your goals.
- Teamwork. Just like leadership, the military is also the best at cultivating true teamwork. You know that camaraderie is essential to any well-run unit. It’s the same in a franchise—success depends on the hard work of every team member involved.
We Salute YOU
At Fulcrum Franchise Development, we are grateful for your military service—thank you. We’re honored to partner with our veteran franchise owners, as we’ve witnessed many of them transform their vision for a rewarding lifestyle into a bountiful reality as a franchisee.
If you’re in the early exploratory stages of franchise ownership, peruse our frequently asked questions for more information. Then we’d love to learn more about your plan for the future. Let’s schedule a call to discuss your personal goals, and see how we can best meet your needs.